Sauce/Rub making friends – Happy New Year!
So what are you doing different to make it count in 2013?
Here’s a great opportunity to get your sauces tasted, noticed, and support a great cause.
Facts about the Event:
- The event is called the “High on the Hog BBQ Festival” and takes place June 7 & 8, 2013 in Beaufort, South Carolina, right outside Hilton Head.
- Last year about 1500 people showed up, and this year over 2000 people are expected for this event
- They have a SC BBQ Association competition and judging with butts and ribs comp on Saturday and also a “low country style cooking” cooking competition on Friday evening.
- This year they are adding a Craft beer tent, a moonshine tasting area, and a Gen’ral Store, featuring BBQ related T-shirts, and BBQ Sauces/Rubs.
- All profits from the event benefit the LowCountry Habitat for Humanity – a great organization that builds houses for the needy. A Truly Great Cause!
I was contacted by the organizer of the event who wanted to reach out to BBQ Sauce and Rubs makers who are interested in supporting a great event – and this is where you come in:
Benefits to Sauce/Rub Makers:
- You will get your sauces tasted by people who may not otherwise ever get a chance to see your sauce
- You will get your company name and a link to your webpage from the event page http://highonthehogbeaufort.com/
- At the event, you will also get your company name put on a banner/sign in the BBQ SAUCE AND RUB section of the Gen’ral Store.
- BBQ Sauce Reviews will also do a thank you blog post on the event for the companies that have agreed to help out this event – we will name your company and provide a link to your website and/or Facebook page.
- We will promote those who help in a bunch of different ways!
What we are looking for:
- 12 bottles of sauce shipped to the event (1 for tasting, 11 for selling)
- The tasting area (set up with small disposable wooden spoons) will be handled by the event team
- That’s it, no other fees or costs for this opportunity.
So get your sauces tasted and support a great cause, by getting in touch with me within the next few weeks! (send email to brian @ bbqsaucereviews)