Here’s a list of Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce Commercial Varieties
This page includes information on gluten and words to avoid when seeking gluten-free BBQ sauces.
- Annie’s Organic Sauces
- Bullseye Original BBQ Sauce (4/5)
- Bone Suckin Sauce (5/5)
- Butch’s Smack Your Lips BBQ
- Cattle Boyz Sauce
- Cookie’s Original BBQ Sauce (4/5)
- Daniel’s BBQ Sauces
- Dinosaur Sensuous Slathering Sauce (5/5)
- Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue KC Original Sauce (4/5)
- Gayle’s Sweet N Sassy Apple Cider Smoke (4/5)
- Grendeddy Dave’s BBQ Sauces
- Grill Master Chuck Sauces
- Grillside Suburban Sweet
- Grillside Downtown Heat
- Grillside Hometown Hot
- Hog Heaven Apricot Jalapeno BBQ Sauce (5/5)
- Hog Heaven Apple Chipotle (5/5)
- Hog Heaven Smokehouse Heat BBQ Sauce (4/5)
- Hog Heaven Smokehouse BBQ Sauce (4/5)
- Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce (1/5)
- Nephew’s BBQ Sauce
- Outta The Park BBQ Sauce (5/5)
- Pork Barrel BBQ Sauce (5/5)
- Robbie’s Natural Sauces
- Royal Fireworks (5/5)
- Rufus Teague Sauces
- Russ and Franks Sauces
- Scott’s Food Products Texas Chuckwagon BBQ
- Stubb’s BBQ Sauce
- Wild n Mild
BBQ Sauces That Are Known to Contain Gluten Related Reactions:
- KC Masterpiece Original (3/5)
- Hunts BBQ Sauce (link)
- Sweet Baby Ray’s (recipe may have changed, still need to verify)
What is Gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye and their derivatives such as malt or spelt. Some people have strong allergic reactions to glutens and some of these people have what is clinically known as Celiac Disease. A set of universal dietary guidelines for Celiac Disease does not exist. The Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF) uses criteria based on the latest scientific research and advice from its’ Medical Board of Advisors. For information about Celiac Disease please contact the Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF) at (818) 990-2354, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the web at www.celiac.org. There are several good blogs out there for people wanting more info such as this one, I am Gluten Free, from a woman in Massachusetts who suffers from Coeliac Disease.
Words to avoid if you are looking for gluten-free products:
Farina, flour, caramel coloring, enriched flour, cereal, malt flavoring or extracts, monosodium glutamate (MSG)-may have wheat gluten in it, modified food starch, emulsifiers, stabilizers, distilled vinegar, semolina, durum, and triticale.
Why Put This BBQ Sauce List Together?
A lot of people have asked about gluten-free BBQ sauces and this is an attempt to put a lot of information in one place.
Is this the bible of Gluten-Free BBQ Sauce Lists?
NO! Always read the label – ingredients and suppliers may change and always use common sense and remember the motto: When in doubt, leave it out.
If you have a sauce that is gluten-free, please comment!
Please recommend this page as a good place to find and buy Gluten Free BBQ Sauces!